Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Pics from 3/4-3/17

When we first got Creighton's potty seat ( a couple weeks ago) He would go in to the powder room and sit on it and read and come out 15 min. later. He has since learned that we use it to go to the bathroom. I really haven't worked with him at all on this yet because he is just now 2 and boys don't usually have the ability to understand the idea until closer to 2 1/2. He knows exactly what it is for though. He will tell me "poop" and then go in there. He hasn't gone yet, but it's mostly my fault. He tells me as we are walking out the door to go get Kiley from school and I say "okay, we will go when we get back" and he goes in the car. It's good that he is telling me when he gets the sensation to go. I think he will be pretty easy to train. We will see.
This is a trophy that Kiley made Creighton. She saw it in a magazine at school and came right home and had to make it.

Eating his cake, he kept it pretty clean. He doesn't like to have messy hands or a messy face. I was actually surprised he didn't use his fork-he uses a fork for everything.


Hitting his pinata.



So, here is my big bird cake. I have never made a cake before. I also didn't have and couldn't find yellow food coloring. All I could find was pink, purple, orange and green. I thought I would be able to find a box of primary colors-since I can use those to make all the other colors. I also didn't have any tools for frosting the cake besides a butter knife. Overall, given my tools and skills, it turned out fine. It was very tasty and that is what is important!




See his watch in this photo! It's another thing-besides his hat and shoes-that he always wears. He is so funny. He loves babies! He doesn't play with them (dad would not allow that) he just holds them and kisses them. He is so nurturing. He is like that with Cort too. Creighton is really protective of Cort, especially at church when other kids try to see him. Kiley is so affectionate to Creighton and he, in turn, is so affectionate to Cort. They are three of the greatest kids!





Like Creighton, Cort also sleeps with a blanket over his face. I might have to start making him sleep with crocheted blankets instead of these, so I know he can breathe fine. He has been sick for a couple weeks with Bronchiolitis. He slept most of that time in his bouncer with a vaporizer right next to him because his nose was so stuffed up. Fortunately, we didn't have to worry about the other kids getting sick. The Pediatrician said that Bronchiolitis only occurs in kids under 2 and 90% of the time in those under 6 months.














He is starting to do better at brushing his own teeth. I bought him an electric toothbrush because it will get more done in the minute he lets us do it. I brush his teeth first and then he is allowed to brush his tongue (that's what he wants to do) for 15 sec. So nice to have a kid that doesn't want candy or money, just to be able to brush their tongue for a few seconds. :)








Trying to convince me that putting maple syrup in his sippy cut is a good idea.




















Creighton's favorite activity is to color on his dad's blue prints. I am convinced he will be an architect like daddy. He is always into fixing things, figuring out how things work and are put together, he has extremely developed fine and gross motor skills-he could even snap his fingers perfectly (better than me) at 1 year old. He is allowed to use markers because he stays on the paper and puts the lids back on.











Per Kiley's request, I have included some pics of her room. She is allowed to decorate it however she likes. She is 100% responsible for keeping it clean (except for vacuuming and dusting). She actually does a good job. Each day after school she has to do her homework right away and then spend 10 min. tidying her room. Once she has done both, she can go outside and play. It never gets messy. Occasionally, I will have to re-make her bed just so it looks nicer, but she tries. It's actually a pretty large room, but she has it packed with things-

























































I found this shelf in our goodwill box and painted it to match her room.

No comments:

Post a Comment