Wednesday, April 7, 2010

What a crazy, busy month! (3/17-4/07)

Sorry, sorry, sorry. I can't seem to find the time to keep up with this as often as I would like. It has been a really busy month. Before spring break, Kiley had a school spring performance. I took a lot of video of it. The kids were really cute. She practiced for a couple of months for this play and did very well. The kids went all year without having a snow day, but in late March, 18 inches of snow came down on us overnight and the kids had their first snow day! In true Denver fashion, it melted the next day :) Kiley and her friend, Sabrina, went sledding. We took them out in the early morning because we knew the snow would be gone around the noon hour. They got in a few good runs before the snow turned to slush and melted away.

We drove back to Omaha for Kiley's spring break from school. The drive was awful. We got a late start because of some car trouble. Chad had taken the car in for a tune up the day before (who knew a tune up was $400.00) and it wasn't running right when we picked it up. Chad had a meeting with some Dr.'s that night at 5pm and didn't get home until after 10pm, so it was too late to have him look at the car and take it back up to the shop. The next morning, when we were supposed to leave, we took it back in and one of the spark plugs they replaced was shattered. It took an extra hour and a half to fix and delayed our departure until the early afternoon. The boys didn't sleep at all and we had to stop several times to let Creighton get out and run around. Kiley was a huge helper though and I paid her $10.00. We made it to Omaha around 8pm and the week stay was really no better than the drive there. The kids have a very scheduled life at our house and we can't seem to stick to that same schedule in Omaha. Everyone kept pretty busy and that meant that the boys and I were on our own for the week and got pretty bored. By the end of the trip, I told most people in our family that we won't be coming back with the boys except for Christmas each year and that we would love for them to come visit us. Who doesn't want to come to Denver....we have tons of fun stuff to do here. Denver is an awesome place to vacation and Nebraska is.....not so much. I stayed at my mom's house and tried to kill time by cleaning and cooking. I made them chicken-etti, crispy BBQ chicken, and a big Easter dinner. By the time I left, they had decided that either they should get a maid or have me move in with them. :) Lucky Chad, he comes home every day to a clean house and nice dinner.
Easter wasn't as traditional this year. We celebrated in Omaha with our family and that was fun. I made a big Easter dinner and we did an Easter egg hunt. Usually, we would do the same at home, but I figured we would do something low key since we had just celebrated two days before in Omaha. I bought the kids a present and some candy. I just planned to give them their gifts over a nice breakfast. The night before Easter, Kiley asked me if I would pray with her. She prayed that the Easter bunny would hide the eggs really hard. Well....the Easter bunny didn't have any eggs or candy. My amazing husband dug some eggs out of the trash (the ones from my mom's house) and we filled them with quarters and recycled candy (the same candy from my mom's house) and hid them.....The next morning, the kids found the eggs and Kiley said that the Easter bunny kept bringing her candy she didn't like. Guess she didn't like the chocolates the first time around. I will do better next time. We went to church early to set up for the Easter egg hunt. Kiley and Chad hid the eggs for the 0-3 year olds and I was in charge of the 4-8 year olds. I think we need to make some adjustments next year so that it goes smoother. I think there were a lot of people who showed up for the egg hunt and that was it. We didn't anticipate on so many kids coming that we had never seen before. It was a fun day though. Friday, we have a monthly meeting with some friends from church who put together a group for all the young couples at the church to get together. Hopefully this weekend will be a relaxing one. The weather is supposed to be great.

Cort is sitting up now and has his two bottom teeth. I can't believe how big he is. Chad and I originally planned to start trying for baby #4 this month, but we postponed it until next Feb. However, Chad is starting to talk more and more about trying sooner than later. I don't really care when we start, but I would like to get within 5-10 lbs of my normal weight first. So, I guess I should get started working on that. Finding the energy to workout is not easy when you still have a baby that is waking up 2-3 times a night.

Everyone here just got over a terrible 24 hour stomach virus. Kiley was the first to throw up, then Chad, then Cort, then me....Creighton somehow dodged this one. It's kind of a funny story though. Kiley started to throw up with out any previous symptoms. I walked outside to tell Chad and ask if he could go get some 7up. When I opened the front door, I saw him throwing up in the bushes. Within an hour, Cort and I were both sick. We were rationing meds, soup, and Gatorade and no one was well enough to make another trip to the store. Kiley stayed home from school the next day and Chad stayed home from work. Chad and I took turns taking naps. We are all doing much better today. Here are some pics of Kiley sledding, Cort sitting, and our trip to Omaha. Oh, and a few Easter pics (I wasn't able to get any good ones...maybe next year)

No comments:

Post a Comment