Monday, April 12, 2010

A great weekend.....

I was sad to see the weekend end. We enjoyed it so much. Friday, Chad was off of work (he has three day weekends while work is slow). We did things around the house, ran errands, played with the kids outside and then drove to Lakewood to spend time with some friends from church. One of the younger couples at our church has organized a young couples group. We meet once a month. The kids played in the basement with a sitter and the adults gathered upstairs over pizza and dessert. It was nice to see our friends from church outside of a church setting and have a good conversation about our faith. Chad really liked it too and the kids (especially Kiley) had fun playing for a couple of hours.

On Saturday, we spent most of the day outside. Kiley has 3 friends that live either next door or a couple houses down. The girls play every day after school and most of the day on weekends. We have had to set some rules so that Kiley is still spending time at home too. During the week, she has to do her homework, tidy her room, and do some chores and then she can go out from 4:00-5:45pm. Then we eat dinner, she takes a bath, and the kids get ready for bed. Now that they are spending so much time running around, they all crash at 7pm and are eager to get to bed and rest. On Saturdays, Kiley can play from 10am-5:30pm and on Sunday, she can play after we get home from church until 5:30pm. The girls ride their bikes, play tag, jump on McKenna's trampoline, and play inside-mostly in my house. I find myself feeding 3 extra children often, but don't mind at all. I make sure they all have water bottles on my front porch and I set out snacks for them. Two of the girls are 11 and 12 and one is the same age as Kiley. With the older kids, I don't feel like I need to supervise as much. We let them ride their bikes around our houses and in the cul de sac one house down from ours. Plus, Chad and our neighbor, Jeff, are outside a lot during the day and we open up all the doors and windows and can hear everything they are doing. We live on a very quiet street with hardly any traffic, so it's very safe for them. It reminds me of my childhood, when I would be gone all day playing. I am glad Kiley is getting to experience that too. Sat. night we had our neighbors over for a BBQ.



Sunday, I took the boys to church. Chad and Kiley stayed back. Kiley was up late the night before with a friend and I let her off the hook. When I woke up Sunday morning, I was walking through the kitchen and stepped in a puddle of water. I looked up and there was a big leak in our ceiling. I went upstairs and told Chad. This is how our conversation went: "honey, there is a leak." (Chad) "okay" and he rolled over in bed. (me) "hey babe, we have a leak". (Chad) "yep". (me) "hmmm....are you not concerned about a leak?" (Chad) "Like a leak with the baby?" (me) "no, like a leak from the ceiling"? Chad then said "oh" and got out of bed quickly. I said "not to distract you from fixing the leak, but why would I wake you up at 6am to tell you if our baby had a leak....and, what exactly is a leaking baby?" I guess it was too early for him to comprehend...lol. By the time I got home from church, Chad and Jeff had fixed the leak. They went to Home Depot and picked up some piping and replaced the leaking section. We have to wait a few days for the ceiling to dry out and then we can repair the big hole. It only cost us about $50.00. I though we would have to have our home warranty company come out to fix the pipe (we have a 50.00 deductible) and then also have our home owners insurance repair the ceiling. Nope, my handy husband and our handy neighbor can fix about anything. We also bought a treadmill on Sunday. It is really nice and I am looking forward to using it. Our home gym is in the basement, but I asked if we could put the treadmill in our room for a couple months. We have a big room with a sitting area. We don't have a table and chairs yet for that area, so there is plenty of room for a treadmill. My thinking is that if it's in our room, I can walk or run on it for an hour and hear the kids and watch T.V. We have DVR in our room, so I can record shows and then watch them when I work out. It will be easier for me in the beginning. We do have a T.V in the basement too, but no cable. It's just for movies and the Wii. Once I am in a good routine of working out, we will move it to the basement with the other equipment. I am excited to get on it. I have a huge closet full of size 2/4 clothes that are calling my name. :) We also found out we are getting a dog. He is a 2 year old Chocolate lab named Cooper. Chad has been wanting to get a lab for a while, but I didn't have time to train a puppy. Cooper is already trained and has been around kids. He belonged to our best friends sister. She moved into an apartment and Cooper went to live with our friend's dad. Our friend, Jeremy, was going to take Cooper, but his job requires him to travel a lot. So, we are taking him. Cooper has to fly from Ohio to Denver. I hope he does okay. We are very excited to meet him and think he will be a great addition to our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment