Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Easter Dinner

So, it's a little sad not having a lot of family here over the holidays. In Omaha, everyone goes to Chads Nana's house for a big Easter dinner and its so fun. I feel obligated to cook and carry on the tradition for my kids, but it seems silly to make a large feast for just the four of us. I can't wait for the day when we have 4-5 kids and a big meal seems less of a waste. Once we sell our home and get a much bigger home, I will plan on inviting others over to join. I love get togethers. I am still working on the menu for Easter. I know I am making a glazed spiral ham, this amazing sweet potato pie, green bean casserole, and rolls. I feel its a bit incomplete because I am so used to a huge meal at Chads Nana's home. I may throw in a dessert or something else. I am excited to have a busy weekend planned. On Friday, I am going to get the kids Easter baskets made and then Chad and I are taking them to the zoo. Saturday, Chad is golfing. I wish I was golfing too, but I will probably just take the kids shopping for spring/summer clothes. Sunday, we are going to wake up and have a nice breakfast and the kids can find their Easter baskets. Then, we have to go to church and work for an hour. The church is going to have an Easter egg hunt that I will let the kids stay for. We wont get home until around 1pm, at which time I probably need to start on dinner.

1 comment: