Friday, May 1, 2009

Decorating the new house...what a stress

So, I guess when you buy something that is 3 1/2 times the size of your current home, you need to also buy lots of furniture to furnish this new house. For the time being, we are going to keep our current living room set and put it in the family room and everyone will keep their bedroom sets, except for Chad and I. We are going to put our bed in the basement and eventually our living room furniture will be down there also. Its exciting to have to start fresh and I have already decided how I want to decorate. We will have to buy a ton of new things though, eventually. Our parents, who are incredibly generous people, are donating some things to us. My mom is buying us a new patio set and a new grill. She offered to buy us a living room set, but come on, we can only accept so much from her. My in-laws are bringing us a new bed for our master bedroom, coffee tables and end tables for our basement, lawn care tools, and perhaps a lawn mower. We had it easy here, never having to shovel snow or mow the lawn, but it also cost us $220.00 a month. I think we could pay a neighborhood kid $50.00 a month to do that for us. Its a win-win situation. I am planning to buy a nice dining room set, a larger table for our growing family for the dinette, two full living room sets, one comfy and casual and one more formal, a new head/foot board for the master bedroom, furniture to put in the sitting area of the master room, and eventually, some new things for the kids rooms. Chad wants a hot tub, of course. The kids want a pool and trampoline. We both want some workout equipment to put in the basement. So, lots of stuff to buy. Here are some ideas I have about decorating.

No comments:

Post a Comment