Monday, May 4, 2009

A nice, but busy weekend

I was so excited to see Chad once he returned home from California. It had been a very stressful week when he was gone, only because of all the things going on with the new house and move. Kiley could not wait for him to get home. Every day she would ask when he was going to be home. He was supposed to get home Sat. night around 7:00pm, but his flight was delayed and he didn't get home until about 8:30pm. Kiley had begged all week to stay up and wait for him. I decided since it was the weekend that she could stay up past her usual bedtime and see him. Creighton and I fell asleep around 7:30pm, but Kiley stayed up and played with him for about 15 min . when he got home, and then she crashed. Sunday, both kids stayed home from church because they had colds and I didn't think we needed to pass colds around when there is this H1n1 flu already in the air. We did take the kids to the park after I got home and then made a trip to Dairy Queen for Blizzards. Chad helped Kiley finish her homework and then he made dinner: Spaghetti, bread sticks, salad, and corn on the cob. Kiley told me that he made it better than I did. Nice. I think we are going to start packing this week and we are all getting very excited for the move. Especially Kiley. She has big plans for the backyard and they include an in ground pool, trampoline, playground, tire swings, bike trails and more. It is a big yard and there is a possibility of a pool and hot tub...and a tire swing, maybe a play set.

No comments:

Post a Comment