Friday, May 22, 2009

Disaster of a week-sinus headaches, broken teeth, huge bruises, a sick dog, no keys, tons of packing, and luckily-a very funny husband

This week has been one accident after another. First, I broke a tooth on a hot dog-a hot dog? A crown will cost $750.00. Why is dental care so expensive? I always wanted to be a dentist. I should have done it, then we could have free dental care. It has been cool and overcast in Colorado for a few days now and that is a nice change from the 90 degree weather, but has left me with terrible sinus pressure since Wednesday. Yesterday, I locked the keys in my car-again. Poor Chad. The night before we met with our insurance agent, who saved us $1000.00 a year on our car insurance and homeowners insurance, but talked us into buying better, more expensive, life insurance policies. That's important though, with all these kids we are having. He was telling our agent how he wanted to pay more per month to have a free, unlimited, emergency road side assistance because I am always locking my keys in the car. I defended myself, even though I did do it three times last year. It was funny that not even 12 hours later, I called him because I locked my keys in the car. So, he came home right away, made fun of me, let us in and headed back to work. Then, I was cleaning off the porch and I lost my balance and fell down a few stairs and landed on this oddly placed piece of wood. Of course, Chad made fun of me for that too, until he got home and saw the giant cut and bruise it left. Then he felt bad and even suggested I go to the Dr. to make sure I didn't do anything to serious. He did let me know in advance that he would make fun of me for a while about this one and tell everyone it was just a small scratch. It's not. I sat on ice the entire day and night, and it looks worse today but feels a little better. Creighton fed the dog Captain Crunch. Our dog is allergic to everything and got sick and threw up three times. I was so happy to see my husband at the end of the day, I needed his help. This is the last weekend we have before the move and next week will be busy with family coming in, walk-thru's, and closings. We really need to have 99% of it done by Monday. I am looking forward to spending the weekend with Chad, even though we will be busy packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment