Sunday, January 17, 2010

From High School teacher to Preschool teacher

I love to stay at home with the kids. I am so blessed to have a husband who has a good job and works so hard to make it so that I can stay home and raise our kids. While I can't wait to get back into teaching HS, I really cherish my days at home. Since I am not planning to go back to work for 5-6 more years or until our youngest is in kindergarten, I have decided it's time to use this very expensive Masters degree of mine. I am licensed in K-12 education, but I have to get a separate license to teach preschool. I am going to get it and teach a little program in our basement. I also want to teach sign language to the kids. We will start off with learning the ABC's, colors, shapes, and relationships in sign language and then move onto the more conversational signs. I am pretty excited about teaching them. I am hoping that this program will be beneficial to both Creighton and the other kids attending. I have a lot of patience and love for kids and a lot of knowledge to put to use. I also hope that this will give me some professional experience, aside from my job at church, that I can reference when I do get back into the working world. Our next chore is getting our basement ready. It's pretty big, 1000 sq. ft and pretty open. Currently we have a bed, couch, tv, home gym, and tons and tons of toys. We are going to paint and rearrange so that the bed and living room area are completely separate from the pre-school/toy area and so that the home gym is separated by a wall. I have two families interested and have met one of them and am meeting the other family tomorrow. The little girl I did meet is the most adorable little girl I have ever seen. I am pretty excited to get it all started and dust off some of my teaching supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment