Sunday, February 7, 2010

Church and Valentines Day

Today was a good day at church. I took some clothes in for one of our members who has two little boys and are struggling right now. The little boy was very excited to have several brand new outfits. Our refugee family that the church sponsored also stopped by. I gave them about 3 boxes full of clothes for the 3 year old, 5 year old, 13 year old, and the mom. Today, one of the little girls was wearing an old outfit of Kiley's. I also bought them $100.00 worth of groceries when they first arrived so they would have food for a week or two. They were very grateful and gave me a big hug. It made me feel very appreciated, although I didn't need that to know I was helping them out tremendously. Kiley made me a Valentines day gift at church. She asked me what I had gotten for her and I told her nothing yet. I do have everyone's gifts, I just don't want her to go searching the house for them. I bought Chad the P90X workout system. I hope he doesn't buy it for me though. He keeps bringing it up and I am not sure how to give him the impression I don't want it without him knowing that is what's in the box that came in the mail the other day. I got Kiley this human body learning toy. She is very interested in the human body and how it functions. It is a doll that is covered in skin. You can take parts of the skin off and see the muscles inside. If you remove the muscle, you can see all the organs. It comes with trivia cards and information cards about the organs and their purpose. It also comes with a real, working stethoscope. I think she will really like it. Everyone always tells her she should be a Dr., but she always says she wants to be a teacher. I bought Creighton some new shoes and a couple outfits. He loves shoes. It's so nice to have a child that only wants practical gifts. I bought Cort a large stuffed monkey. Creighton will probably take it, but o'well. The kid's Grandma Kriss (Chad's mom) bought them all large pillow pets. Kiley is getting a dolphin, Creighton is getting a monkey, and Cort is getting a lion. They are really cute. My mom is sending all the kids money, but she also got them gifts. Kiley is getting a Zhu Zhu pet and a CD. Creighton is getting a truck and two outfits, and Cort is getting a book and some outfits. They will be very happy. I think we are running out of space for toys though. Might be time to make a substantial donation again.

No comments:

Post a Comment