Saturday, February 6, 2010

My new hobby

I have found a new hobby. I like to look at thrift stores for used pieces of furniture and refurbish them. I am not usually one for thrift stores, but we stumbled across a really neat one out by our house. I found an old dresser for $20.00. It was in pretty rough condition. It was an antique white with stickers on it and someone had colored on it with markers. I liked the style a lot though. It's very old. On the inside of the drawers are some kids signatures with dates back to the 1950's. I painted it and put on some new hardware and it looks awesome and it is perfect for Cort's nursery. It will also be good if our next one is a girl, it will match her nursery as well. The kitchen set is actually a b-day gift to Creighton. He loves to play with the play kitchen at church and at home he is constantly setting the kids table with dishes and food. At first, we thought it was Kiley because it was so orderly, but then we caught Creighton doing it. I found this sturdy, but pretty used kitchen set at the thrift store for $10.00. I painted it some more masculine colors and I am going to put a hook on each side and hang a oven mitt and a pot. We are also getting him some pots/pans/food etc. for his b-day to stock this little kitchen. He will like it.














No comments:

Post a Comment