Wednesday, February 17, 2010

P90X

I bought Chad the P90X workout system for Valentines Day. We have both been talking a lot about getting into shape. He is studying for his licensing exams and that is taking up all his extra time right now. He said I should do it first and then he will be even more motivated by my results when he is able to find the time to begin himself. I agree. If I want my husband to get his shape back, I should get mine back as well. As part of our commitment to getting into shape, I allowed him and the kids to go with me to the grocery store to choose healthy foods. He came home with 1 gallon of ice cream, 1 quart of ice cream, ice cream snickers bars, and ice cream big wheels. He is not allowed to go with me anymore. I did the legs and abs workout yesterday and I only made it 1/2 way through and was so tired and so sore. I was okay with that. I just had a baby 4 months ago and haven't worked out in a long time. I will do what I can and stop when my body tells me to. I was telling Chad some of the crazy exercises and I thought he would be surprised that I did them. He wasn't. He said "oh, I used to have to do that daily for hockey practice". I forget he played hockey for so long and was very strong at one time. His lower body is still very muscular, but he has lost a lot of muscle in his arms and stomach. Kiley likes to do the stretching and yoga workouts. She tried legs with me, but gave up after about 15 min. Creighton seems to like the stretching and the abs. He is actually pretty good at sit-ups for a 22 month old.





No comments:

Post a Comment